I am so horrible at updating, but at least I have honest excuses. For the past week I've been battling the worst cold I've had in a long time. Bleh.
Thank goodness it's in the final stages ... and you know which stage I'm talking about. If you don't just ask Roberto Luongo...
- The Pens had a little vacation time after Saturday's 5-0 win against the Thrashers. The next game will be Friday @ 7:30 against the Dallas Stars.
- The Penguins held the Make-A-Wish Lunch/Practice on Tuesday.
- Someone needs to buy Kris Letang some HeadOn for Christmas.
"Apply directly to the forehead!"
- Jordan Staal knows about his sod.
- I watched the brief interview with Ryan Malone on FSN's Sportsbeat tonight. First off I am glad that I'm not suffering alone... Stan Savran looks like he's getting a pretty bad cold. Second, young Ryan Malone was "banging on pots and pans" to celebrate the Pens Stanley Cup win. Oh, the early 90's. To think I celebrated by being born...
- Two "In My Own Words" episodes will be premiering on FSN this December 5th and 6th. They will be featuring Jack Riley and Eddie Johnston.
- Steelhounds goalie Andy Franck was called up to AHL's Providence Bruins.
- This weekend was the first Home Games for the Hounds (unfortunately I was coughing my lungs out and couldn't attend). Friday's game was a 4-3 win against the Mudbugs and Saturday's came to be a 4-2 loss.
- Forward Erik Johnson has been traded to the New Mexico Scorpions.
- The Steelhounds welcome back Czech Republic native Petr Pohl who was recently playing for Syracuse (AHL).
- Next game is taking on the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on their turf...err ice - Nov. 30 @ 8:05. You can listen along online by clicking the "Listen Live Now" button on the Steelhounds website.
- I don't care what my friend says... Joel Irving is cool because he has a soul patch.