Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pens vs Islanders

Pens travel to the land of Hilary Duff's boyfriend.

First Period:
  • Seriously, are they blasting Fall Out Boy? Sugar, YOU'RE going down. Lame...
  • Sabu in the net.
  • Crosby finally scores after his on going attempts lately (Kennedy assist). Pens up 1-0
  • Paul Steigerwald accidentally says Satan was with the Devils due to his last name. I must say I am SO completely jealous of Satan. His Slovakian last name is 666% more awesome than mine. Oh well, he's Slovak - gotta love my people.
  • Ryan Whitney scores with a wrist shot (Orpik, Kennedy assist). Pens 2-0
  • Conner James was brought up from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
  • Gary Roberts without a care that he is smaller in size (FSN got that point out) than NYI's Andy Sutton got at it.

End of 1st Pens 2-0

1st Intermission:

  • A video was shown of Rob Scuderi who grew up on the Island. He also likes Spider-man more than batman.

Second Period:

  • I fell asleep again... I can't help it I was exhausted.
  • I heard a horn blaring and seeing that semi trucks can't go up my street - Islanders scored. PPG Park (Guerin, Duff's Main Squeeze assists) 2-1
  • Crosby drew yet another penalty. I believe it was his 37th?
  • Vasicek scored for Islanders (Satan, Bergenheim assists) 2-2
  • Beautiful assist by Staal lets Tyler Kennedy bank one in (Letang also assisted) Pens go up 3-2

Third Period:

  • No scoring, no scoring, no scoring...
  • Chris Simon the most kind, loving, team player you'd ever meet (just ask Ryan Hollweg) decided to be generous this Christmas season by stomping on Jarkko Ruutu's leg. Friggin' idiot.
  • Islanders kill the 5 minute penalty - no scoring. Pens win it 3-2

Other Penguins Stuff:

  • I watched Inside Penguins Hockey while wrapping the last of the Christmas presents (thank gawd I am the WORST Christmas wrapper next to Gus on the new PA lottery commercial *cringes*) and Sykora's hair at then end cracked me up. I love him in the "I just got shocked" look - too cute.
  • Why is it that Crosby looks like he's going through child birth in every on ice picture of him?
  • That was a bad mental image.

Steelhounds News:

  • To my absolute, amazing, GREAT luck the African Penguin appearance this weekend at the Chevy Centre was cancelled due to the weather. For my never ending love of penguins I have another chance to see it.
  • Already knowing that the Hounds are great guys they prove themselves again by serving meals this Wednesday at the Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley. Head Coach Kevin Kaminski will also join part this 19th.
  • Wednesdays game against the Texas Brahmas was a 4-2 win for the Hounds.
  • They fell 4-3 against them on Friday, but repaid themselves with an exciting 5-2 win on Saturday.

No comments: